Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Is There A Problem Here, or is it Just Me?

Do I just not get it or does no one understand contractors modus operandi?

Heard from mine on Friday morning, then nothing. I texted him, emailed him a couple times, hubby emailed him, I waited then called and left a voice mail.  NOTHING. not so much as a courtesy return call/message/text. I guess he really doesn't care what we think or how we feel. 
If I do hear from him, which would shock me, I intend to act like I don't know who he is. I'll say something like, "gee, I really wish I could write you another check, but our house hasn't sold, so, if you could wait... it will be in the mail."

I want to treat him like he has treated us. I want to teach him a lesson. I want him to be a grown-up! I'm ready to fire his ass. He has no idea.
I went down to the house today, a Monday, and no one has been there. No work has been done for days. And, there is trash blowing everywhere. What is it with construction crews? They finish something and literally drop it where they stand. I will not have trash blowing around the countryside. I feel a Frankenstein moment coming on. AAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH. I just want him to do what I hired him to do and to get it done without going over budget, and by November 1.  Is that too much to ask??!! 

I go down to the house at least every day now that I'm staying out here. I get mixed emotions being there now.  I love, love being out here where its quiet and still and peace is so close.  I would live in this Tin Cottage forever just to be out here. It doesn't escape me how fortunate I am. I'm grateful. I acknowledge this.
It does not,however, take away my frustration at getting our house finished. 

I thought my mother-in-law's husband was my greatest teacher. And he is teaching me how to practice buddhism. Now I'm sure my greatest teacher is my contractor. Teaching me patience, acceptance, trust, and compassion.  I'm working with such great effort that I don't know if I'll ever be able to make this my 'first nature.'  I want to trust him to do what he said he would, in the time frame he said he could finish, and under the original bid.  I just want to be in our house. In our forever house. We have so much to do,and we're not getting younger.
So, now I question, "what's the hurry?"
The hurry is that I'm already 52 and not getting any younger. I just want to get on with the business of living.

Living in our home would be a jump start to that!
Can I get an amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment