Monday, August 29, 2011

The Peace Talks Have Broken Down...

I'm a peace loving, will-hug-a-tree hippie shack living, love everybody type of woman.

Really, I am.

I hate fighting, arguing, insults and loud noises! Especially, loud yelling.

And yet, I found myself standing in a driveway listening to a cranky, miserable, hateful,
old man, yelling loudly at me.
Normally, and especially lately, I just walk away. I did walk away, at first. Then, out of pure shock, I expressed my disbelief over what I had just been called and that this family is worth nothing. I just couldn't let it go.

No, I wouldn't let it go. Even Jesus had his limits. I have my limits. You can't talk to me as if I'm not a person and expect me to not say anything. I said plenty. Mostly, I got my point across that just because I'm a female does NOT mean I'm worthless, or that you can yell at me, and I'm not stupid, and I don't lie. And...

I WILL NEVER LET A MAN THINK HE CAN BULLY ME JUST BECAUSE I'M A WOMAN! NEVER.

It was a horrible day. For everyone concerned.

And the worse part is that all we want to do is just live here.

I'm sad.

The war is still going on and the peace talks have broken down.
Stand by for shelling. This old man is going down.

No comments:

Post a Comment